CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm still here.

Um, hi, readers if there are any left.



I... we haven't posted for a while. Months? Years? I don't remember. I don't think it was years. That was dramatic of me to say.



It's Dan, if anyone was wondering.



It won't be Ali again.



A few months ago, Ali suffered a relapse. Leukemia, for those who forgot. A few weeks later, she was still in a hospital bed. I visited her everyday.

One day, she smiled at me and said, "I like you. You aren't annoying."

She was pretty hyped up on drugs. Pain-killers. "I like you too, Ali." I forced a smile.

She shook her head, like she was drunk. "No. I LIKE you."

I really love Ali. More than anything and when she said that, I think I ran out of the room and into the bathroom. I must've cried for a while.

I think she knew she wasn't going to last much longer.

Anyway, she asked me to continue this blog, because she thought it would help me. I don't want to, but she did.

I've put this off for a long time, but now, as I write, or type, or whatever, I feel closer to her.

Thank you for reading. I'll post again soon.

Dan

2 comments:

J.J. said...

Oh, God. I'm sorry man. My thoughts are with you.

Lauren said...

Is she...